How to enable Google +1
I am sure you have all heard about Google’s announcement of +1. In a nut shell, every google search result will have a +1 button allowing you to recommend that link. As described on TechCrunch, they will also be releasing a +1 button that will be embeddable on websites.
TechChrunch also posted steps on how to enable the +1, however, after following the instructions, I was not able to get it to work.
Out of pure concidence, these are the steps that worked for me using Chrome:
- Log into your Google account
- Go to http://www.google.com/experimental/
- Now in the Chrome address bar, type in some bogus website ie: sfsfsfsdfsfsfs.com
- You should get a “Oops Google Chrome could not find sfsfsfsdfsfsfs.com” page
- Now on that same page, type in some keywords in the search box then press enter
- +1 should now be enabled
Let us know if that worked for you, or if you found a different way!